BB1 Setting Up Wifi
You don’t need to connect to Wifi to play music and videos but you need Wifi for some functions like internet radio, the web UI, loading Youtube videos, getting the time and transferring music from a computer.
To set up Wifi you will need to know the name of the network you want to attach to - this is called the SSID. You also need the password. This is a string of letters and/or numbers that is often found on a label on your wireless router.
You only have to do this once.
- Push the knob to get into the menu
- Select Settings and push knob
- Select Setup Wifi and push - the brennan will briefly scan for available networks
- Select your SSID and push
- Enter the password letter by letter. Capitals are available lower down. Push the knob to add a letter. Press back to delete the last letter. Press next when done. You can abandon the procedure without making any changes by holding back.
- the brennan will attempt to connect to the network
After the brennan connects it displays what is known as an IP address on the idle screen.
- Make sure Hotspot is turned off
- Double check the password (early bb1s reported success even with incorrect password).
- Turn wifi router off and on and restart bb1